What’s better than a sugar cookie at Christmas time? Nothing. Literally nothing. So today I’m sharing my version of this classic holiday treat: Almond Oat Sugar Cookies.
There is nothing more fun than shaping your cookies into adorable snowmen, Christmas trees, stars, and gingerbread men. I love feeling like a kid again and taking some time out of this busy season to bake and make these cute shapes. I’ve given you two options for these cookies: you can use whatever cookie cutters you have, or you can make them into regular circular cookies. Totally your choice.
I couldn’t choose between oat and almond flour because they are both so great to bake with. So I figured, why not use both?
These Almond Oat Sugar Cookies are super simple to make. They’re sweetened with honey, have a touch of cinnamon, and don’t have a ton of ingredients. They will be the perfect addition to your holiday baking or your Christmas celebration.
Full disclosure: I’ve been adding butter back into my diet these days, and I’m totally fine with it. So I made these cookies with butter, making them gluten-free and healthy, but not strictly dairy-free. If you want to make them totally dairy-free, you can sub coconut oil.
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ stick of butter (sub coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together your dry ingredients.
- Cream together your honey and butter. Then add your eggs.
- Mix your dry and wet ingredients together. The dough will be pretty sticky.
- Take some almond flour, brown rice flour, or more oat flour and sprinkle some on a plate. Use whatever cookie cutter shapes you want.
- Alternatively, form your cookies into regular circles. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
What’s your fave Christmas cookie shape?