By now you know that I love easy recipes. And this Apple Parsnip Chicken Bake totally falls into the easy category.
Something completely magical happens when you bake apple slices, parsnips, and radishes. The apples create an almost jammy consistency, the parsnips have a ton of natural sweetness, and the radishes — OMG. They are so crispy and sweet and dinner worthy.
I’m all about fall, because it’s such a magical season, and this is one fall dinner that you don’t want to miss out on. I used chicken thighs because I love them and they’re so easy to bake, and let’s face it, chicken breast can be hard to cook if you don’t have a grill (which I don’t — apartment living!).
I tend to eat the same kinds of foods all the time, and I think a lot of us are like that, especially when we’ve healed ourselves from some kind of health struggle and we’re finally feeling awesome again. It can be tempting to keep eating the same stuff since those foods helped us and they’re part of our journey. So this meal is really great because it’s super customizable. You can swap out the parsnips for carrots, sweet potatoes, or even white potatoes. You can use pears instead of apples or even grapes. But I would recommend keeping the radishes because they’re so, so good. You can also sub your favourite spices or herbs, but I really like the combo of cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes on chicken.
Plus your kitchen is going to smell amazing when you bake apple slices with nutmeg.
- 1 bunch radishes (mine had 9)
- 1 bunch parsnips (mine had 12 small ones)
- 1 large apple (I used Macintosh)
- 1 package chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a glass baking dish with the fat of your choice (I always use olive oil).
- Slice the radishes in half. Peel the parsnips. Slice the apple.
- Arrange the radishes, parsnips and apple in a circle around the edges of the dish.
- Place the chicken thighs in the space you've just created in the dish. Add salt, pepper, cumin, organ and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg on the apple.
- Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour depending on your oven and when the chicken is cooked.
What are your favourite easy dinners? Have you ever baked radishes before?