Looking for an easy fall-themed dinner? My Spicy Chicken With Apple Berry Compote is here for you.
It wants you to have a delicious dinner to look forward to after a long day at work, and hey, it doesn’t want you to slave over a hot stove or spend too much time in the kitchen, either.
It cares about you and wants to be your new BFF.
I used up the last of a pint of strawberries for this recipe and paired them with some chopped apple. Combine that with ginger, cinnamon and cumin in a small saucepan, and you’ve got a lovely and spicy/sweet compote that goes perfectly with the spicy chicken. I used a ton of chilli power because I’m into it but it’s totally up to you how much you want to use. And you can use any berries that you want (or any fruit that you want, really — this is a really versatile compote).
If you need me, I’ll be curled up eating this and watching my new fall shows. #happycamper
- 1 large package chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- A few sprinkles of chilli powder
- Half apple of your choice
- A handful of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and as much chili powder as you want.
- When the oven is ready, bake the chicken for one hour or until cooked through.
- Chop your apples and strawberries into small pieces.
- Sautée the apples in the fat of your choice (ghee or coconut oil work well). This will take a few minutes.
- Once the apples are darker in color and are soft, add the strawberries.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon and cumin.
- Sautee for a few more minutes and then you're done.
- Serve the compote on top of the chicken.
What is your favourite way to cook chicken? Or your favourite easy fall dinner?