PSA: this Strawberry-Watermelon Jam smells amazing.
You might want to make more than one batch just to keep the party going in your kitchen. Just saying.
Are you watching the new season of Orange Is The New Black? To say I’m obsessed with this show would be a huge understatement. I just love it. I love the character development, the witty humour, the flashbacks, the setting. Everything. I also love that it’s been renewed for about a million more seasons. I’m just over halfway through the season and I can honestly say this just might be my fave season yet. But I think I say that every year. There’s just something about the storytelling in season four that is so real. It’s dark but hopeful, funny but serious, and so smart. Are you watching?!
So that was my weekend: OITNB and this jam. Sounds pretty good to me.
If you can find local strawberries, definitely try those, because they are so insanely sweet you won’t need to add any sweetener. This jam has three perfect ingredients: strawberries, watermelon and hemp seeds. Plus some lemon juice. Really, how can you possibly go wrong?
This Strawberry-Watermelon jam is great at breakfast stirred into a bowl of oatmeal or spread on toast with some peanut or almond butter. It also makes a great dessert addition if you’ve got some ice cream.
The consistency is not super firm since, well, watermelon is pretty much a million percent water. But it does the trick when you’re craving something sweet yet healthy for your morning.
- 1 cup strawberries or 1 small pint
- 2 large watermelon slices
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweetener: honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Chop your strawberries and watermelon into small cubes.
- Put your fruit in a small pan and cook on medium heat, breaking up the fruit even smaller, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add your lemon juice, optional sweetener and hemp seeds.
- Cook for about 8 minutes more, continuing to break up your fruit, and lower the heat a bit.
Are you watching Orange Is The New Black? What do you think of the new season?